3 Reasons Video is a Must In Your Marketing Plan
Since moving pictures first captured our attention in the 1890’s, video has captured our imaginations. It takes us to amazing lands of fantasy where women conquer foreign lands from the back of a dragon (SPOILERS!) and then forces us to confront one of the most painful stories in modern American history in the same week. It’s no surprise that it continues to grow and play a large part in how brands are marketing to their audience(s). According to data collected by HubSpot:
- 51.9% of marketing professionals name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- People who view video are 1.8 times more likely to make a purchase than people who did not.
- Using “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and click-through rates by 65%.
Video isn’t something you can afford to ignore anymore. It has become a tactic you must have in your toolbox. These are three ways to implement it into your marketing plan:
- Tell a story. People relate to stories much more than facts and figures. They also tend to remember stories longer. This is why the Allstate “Mayhem” commercials have millions of views on YouTube. Use this medium to your advantage and tell your story in a way others cannot.
- Keep it short. People love and relate to video, but they have short attention spans. Keep yours to 1-2 minutes at most. Even better? 15-30 seconds.
- Use social media. Use social media to promote your video and amplify its reach. Think of social media as various ponds, your audience as fish, and your brand as a boat. You want to get as many fish in the boat as possible. So go fish where the fishes are.
None of this is to say you should abandon your traditional marketing tactics and strategies. Whatever you produce must integrate with what you’re already doing. If not, your video will fall flat.
Need help? Talk to us about incorporating video into your next multichannel campaign!