It’s All About That Mix
Want great sales?
It’s all about that mix—the marketing mix. From print to email to mobile, top marketers combine channels to provide a consistent customer experience regardless of channel used. Here are some data every marketer ought to know.
- 58% of online shoppers browse print catalogs for ideas (Kurt Salmon Consulting)
- 25% of marketers say direct mail or print ads are the channels most likely to be combined with email (Ascend2)
- 61% of marketers are boosting investment in lead-nurturing mailers in 2015 (Regalix)
- 44% of marketers cite multichannel as an essential skill for marketers (Econsultancy)
- 45% of marketers are increasing mobile spending this year (Target Marketing)
- 7.6% Response rate for print + email campaigns
- 6.0% Response rate for print-only campaigns (InfoTrends)
- +$1.2 billion Increase in spending on U.S. Direct mail marketing in 2015 (Winterberry Group)
- 46% of consumers use mobile exclusively when researching online (Telemetrics)
- 56% of consumers who read the postcards that come in the mail (Direct Marketing Association)
Percent of marketers integrating multiple channels into their campaigns in 2014
- 38% — Three channels
- 29% — Four channels
(Experian Marketing Services)
Percent of chief marketing officers who prioritize the multichannel experience
- 71% — high-growth companies
- 41% — low-growth companies
There are lots of channels out there. Use the right combinations and make them work for you!