Plastic Substrate Alternative: MultiLoft® Elements™ Terra14
Sustainability is a hot topic in printing, and consumers are more concerned with their “carbon footprint” than ever. One way the printing industry can address sustainability concerns is by finding alternatives for plastic substrates, particularly for single-use products.
Roughly 300 million tons of plastic waste is generated each year, with much of that waste ending up in landfills, our environment, and our oceans. In the pursuit of a more environmentally conscious printing industry, Convertible Solutions has sought out plastic-free alternative substrates for printed products that often utilize plastic, such as PVC gift cards or plastic laminated items.
MultiLoft® Elements™ Terra14
MultiLoft® Elements™ Terra14 is already an industry-recognized plastic card replacement substrate. Several attributes make it a great substrate alternative for printed products which would otherwise use plastic or plastic lamination:
- Plastic-free, 100% recyclable paper substrate
- Ultra smooth, water-resistant surface
- Smooth surface can be embellished with Foil, Spot UV and other special treatments
- Create rigid cards up to 28pt thick, and easily combine with other MultiLoft® Sheets or Inserts for even thicker pieces
What can you create with MultiLoft® Elements™ Terra14?
- Thick, water-resistant postcards
- Postcards with perforated, detachable gift/promo cards
- Plastic-free, durable gift cards
- Business cards
- and more!
Want to see this plastic substrate alternative yourself? Request FREE samples of MultiLoft® Elements™ Terra14!
Interested in other eco-conscious substrates to help reach your printing sustainability goals? Convertible Solutions offers several recycled, FSC-certified, and other substrates produced with sustainability in mind. Check out our Elements™ line of papers to learn more!