QR Codes Add Interactivity to Print
What if you could put interactivity into your printing at essentially no cost? Sound too good to be true? Then you haven’t heard about QR Codes.
You may have seen them in magazine ads or on billboards. Increasingly, they are showing up on business cards and marketing collateral. Even in email. When your customers scan these codes with their cellphone cameras, something interactive happens. They are taken to a website. They access a coupon. They see a video.
QR Codes act as an immediate response mechanism for your print ads, bulletin boards, marketing collateral, and corporate identity materials. People don’t need to wait until they get home or back to the office. They can access the content right where they are.
Because QR Codes are simply 2D barcodes, they cost nothing to produce and add to your print materials. In a free QR Code generator like Kaywa or Inigma, simply enter the URL to which you want people to be sent, hit “get code,” and insert the resulting .jpg or .png into the layout. Yes, it’s that easy.
Here are some places you can add QR Codes to spice up previously static print items:
- Sell sheets. Send people to a YouTube video to see a demo of the product.
- Business cards and letterhead. Let customers add your contact information to their phones with a single click.
- Trade show materials. Allow booth visitors to see your entire product line and pricing right from the trade show floor!
- Window clings. Give passersby access to discount codes that encourage them to come in and buy. Or let them connect with you on Facebook or Twitter.
- Direct mail pieces. Make it easy to sign up for sweepstakes, access location maps or discounts, or add events to their calendars.
The possibilities are endless. The best news is, QR Codes are free!